Saturday, April 5, 2014

Selfies or Selfish, The Perfect Image


Capturing the Perfect Look

Along with the fun and convenience of the digital age and social media, health care workers are beginning to see a new trend of health conditions that focuses on a person's obsession with their looks.

 Termed "Selfies" or Body Dysmorphic Disorder, the camera phones are to blame because there is the desire to capture the perfect photo to post on social media.  One person, a British teenager tried to commit suicide after he tried and failed for 10 hours to take his perfect selfies. 

Well, I've never considered myself a narcissist but I do like to look presentable when I leave the house.  And I'm not above using some Photoshop to cover blemishes. 

Guess I'd better be careful of admitting to using Photoshop or people might think for sure that I am a Catfish.  Yes someone called me a Catfish when I refused to send him more photos of me.  If you aren't familiar with the term Catfish that will be pondered in an additional post, so check back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment