Friday, March 14, 2014

Climate Change, Fact or Fraud?


Global Warming, Political Snake Oil?

Climate Change is like religion you either believe it or you don't. However, a new study on climate change issued by NASA finds that the climate’s sensitivity to carbon pollution is on the high side. What this indicates in plain language is that if there are not rapid reductions in greenhouse gases, global warming is likely to be high enough to destroy a livable climate.

The old phrase "them's fighting words" comes to mind when climate change is mentioned in certain circles.  I have seen people get so riled up that I don't think they would spit as much venom if I was blaspheming the Pope!  Even my neighbor got all in my face and told me that we were just having a hot spell.  But what about temperatures over the last few summers that continue to break heat records?

 One of the U.S.'s top climatologists, Michael Mann fears that the threat of future warming may have been underestimated.  Nonetheless, I ponder that his credibility may be in question since he is "One of Them" Climatologists. 

One bit of evidence that I must agree with is, the more ice the planet has, the cooler it will be.  With less ice to reflect the sun, the dark oceans absorb more heat and therefore the climate gets hotter.  This makes perfect sense to me and the proof is between a white car and a black car sitting in the hot sun. 

So while we fight over who's wrong or right, the planet keeps on changing and this summer of 2014 is predicted to be hotter with more wildfires. 

No comments:

Post a Comment