Thursday, March 6, 2014

Key Words to Stack the Deck

 
 
Deflecting Attention to Minimize Mistakes


Today I am pondering about a conversation that I watched on Facebook that transpired over Apple telling Limbaugh where to stick his money. 

Several people were commenting back and forth about the climate change with their pros and cons.  On the last comment, the man who was so adamantly against climate change accused the woman of being pro-choice and then went on to write that her priorities were so out of whack.  He continued with, "It's a federal crime to disturb a bald eagle egg but aborting humans is desirable?" 

I read back over all the comments thinking that I had missed where the discussion changed from climate change to pro-choice, because it had not.

What I find interesting is how certain key words are used to stack the deck and throw the attention off the issue.  Key works like pro-choice, abortions, child killers, same sex marriage, and my all time favorite--second amendment rights. 

Well Mr. Right to Lifer, I ponder if you are as concerned with the growing number of children deprived of their right to life due to being killed by handguns? Or is it just with abortions?

And I'm starting to ponder if maybe some people join political parties  because they have a grudge to pick and this is their socially accepted way to spew hatred.

No comments:

Post a Comment